Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rice Krispies, anyone?

Welcome to my blog!  All of my life, cooking has been my passion. 

In kindergarten class, we were asked what our favorite recipe was and how it is made.  My recipe was posted in the local newspaper.  My recipe was Rice Krispie Treats.  Now I'm pretty sure that the recipe went something like this..."1 box of cereal, 1 gallon of milk, 2 sticks of butter..."  (not sure what happened to the marshmallows?)

Growing up, I loved to cook, and my passion only grew stronger as the years went by.  When I got married and we started a family, I would find what seemed to be a great recipe, however there was always one or two ingredients that I didn't like...(Google became my best friend!)  I would read recipe after recipe...take a few ingredients from one...some from another...until it became my own. 

Now, I'm not going to lie...when I started experimenting with cooking as an adult, I was, ah-hem, "inexperienced."  I have a very good friend who will not let me forget about the time that I was roasting a chicken and I was waiting for the "popper" to pop up...(it was in the pan upside down?!)  I found myself addicted to cooking!  Cooking shows, cookbooks, cooking blogs, recipes...it's all I thought about (yes, I have a problem...)

My dishes tend to be hearty, comfort food (is there any other kind?)...yet simple.  I don't like complicated...(simple is good!)

I hope you will enjoy my recipes as much as my friends and family have.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!