Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not Your Average "Chicken Cordon Bleu"



I have to be honest, Chicken Cordon Bleu just doesn't "do it" for me.  Something about the ham maybe, I just don't know??  Whenever a recipe calls for ham, I have a tendency to swap it out for bacon (bad, bad I know, but come on, who doesn't LOVE bacon???)  I have made so many variations of this recipe...with bacon...without bacon...cream cheese...whipped alouette garlic and herb spread...the possibilities are endless!  Go wild...get creative...I promise, you cannot mess this one up!

NOT YOUR AVERAGE "CHICKEN CORDON BLEU"

 4-6 Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
4-6 TBSP Cream Cheese
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
1 C Breadcrumbs
4-6 Pats of Butter
8-12 slices of bacon
S&P
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Preheat oven to 400. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Season the chicken with S&P, garlic and onion powder. Spread about 1 TBSP of cream cheese on one side of chicken breast and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Roll up chicken and dredge in breadcrumbs.

Place chicken in baking dish and cover top of chicken with bacon (can cut up slices to fit - 2 slices per chicken breast.) Place pats of butter between chicken (if I am omitting the bacon, I place the butter on top of chicken.)

Bake, uncovered, for 45 mins - 1 hr 15 mins. If bacon is not browned, place under broiler until crisp.

NOTE: I like my chicken well done! Please adjust the cooking time according to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!