Saturday, February 2, 2013

Granola


I had a mini panic attack this morning when I couldn't find this recipe.  It's one of those old recipes that's written on a small index card.  Sheesh, I've made this enough times - you would think that I would have this one memorized, however I'm pretty sure Mommy-hood has dimished my memory to just about nothing these days. 

What I love about this granola is the fact that it's made up of natural ingredients that are good for you...what I don't like about this granola is the fact that it is extremely addicting.

Here's what you'll need...
 
2 C regular rolled oats
1/2 C slivered almonds*
1/2 C honey
1/3 C olive oil
1/2 C raisins (optional...I am not a raisin fan!)
1 tsp cinnamon
 
*Can swap out for pecans, sunflower seeds,  or dried cranberries
 
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix oats, almonds, & raisins.  Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the honey & oil, and mix together.  (A little honey tip...measure the oil 1st so the honey will slide right out!)
 
Spread mixture onto a large cookie sheet.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and stir the granola.  Repeat this step another 2 times or until the granola is golden brown. 
 
Cool and store in an airtight container.  Enjoy!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!